Is papaya good for hair?
Is papaya good for hair? The answer you’re looking for is yes! Papaya has a high content of vitamins A, B, C, and antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. More than just a delicious fruit, papaya is a source full of nutrients that benefits your hair in several ways. So, papaya has all the components to become a mainstay in your hair care routine, especially if you have dry and damaged hair. Wondering what makes papaya a great antidote for dry, damaged, lifeless hair and how you can include it into your hair care routine? We’re here to help. Papaya benefits for hair are umpteen and here’s how you can achieve luscious locks by using papaya for hair.
Benefits of papaya for hair
- Conditions the hair – The presence of vitamin A in papaya positively affects your hair by helping your scalp produce sebum, which in turn nourishes, strengthens, and protects the hair.
- Promotes hair growth – Papaya contains antioxidants that enhance the circulation of oxygen, blood, and necessary nutrients to the hair follicles, allowing the growth of healthy hair.
- Prevents infections – Another papaya benefit for hairis that it prevents several infections that can damage your scalp. This is because of the antibacterial properties it contains.
- Controls dandruff – Dandruff is caused due to a yeast-like fungus called Malassezia. The antifungal properties of papaya help to control and even prevent dandruff in some cases.
- Stimulates collagen production – Papaya stimulates the production of collagen and strengthens the middle layer of your hair.
- Repairs damaged hair – Papaya is made of components that repair damaged hair and make your locks strong and healthy. It helps to treat concerns such as split ends, hair fall, breakage and more.
- Makes your hair manageable – Using papaya for hair reduces friction between the strands of your hair and leaves it feeling soft and hydrated, which makes it much easier for you to manage.
- Provides shine – Papaya benefits for hairinclude providing shine to your hair. It restores the health of your cuticles and adds a great lustre to your strands.
How to use papaya for hair?
Now that you are aware of the amazing benefits of papaya for hair, let us tell you how you can include this great antidote for dry and damaged hair into your haircare routine.
An effective way to achieve maximum benefits of papaya for hair is by using a papaya shampoo that not only cleanses your hair but also maintains its health. The papaya shampoo is formulated with active ingredients that nourishes damaged and dry hair and ensures that your scalp and hair are free of dirt and debris. The right way to shampoo your hair is to focus the product on your scalp instead of your entire hair length. This will help to reduce tangles. So, lather the shampoo on your scalp well and rinse thoroughly. Apart from this, be mindful of how often you wash your hair and avoid hot showers as they can strip the essential oils from your strands, and make your hair feel dry and look dull.
Give your hair an extra and instant boost of nourishment with a hair mask. Shampooing causes the hair follicles to open up and slathering a hair mask immediately after a shampoo will help the conditioning ingredients to penetrate deep into your hair. Apply a generous amount of papaya hair mask on wet hair. Use it from the mid to the ends of your hair and comb it to leave no spot under or over nourished. Leave in on your hair for a few minutes and make sure you rinse thoroughly. The papaya hair mask will leave your hair feeling hydrated and shiny, without weighing it down.
And yes, on days when you feel like using the fruit in its natural form, make a DIY hair mask. All you need to do is grab one ripe papaya and blend it in a paste form. Add half a cup of olive oil and two tablespoons of honey. Blend well and apply the mask all over your hair. Allow it to stay for a few minutes and wash off. These ingredients are the perfect recipe to provide your hair with hydration and lustre.
Warning – Do not skip the conditioner! Using a hair conditioner can make or break the health of your hair. The papaya conditioner helps soften your hair, improves strength, and offers protection while maintaining its natural elasticity. Apply the conditioner only on certain sections of your hair, like the tips of your hair. You must avoid applying conditioner to the scalp or lengths of your hair as it can make fine hair look limp. Use a wide-toothed comb to evenly distribute papaya conditioner through your hair. Also, make sure to rinse it off thoroughly.
Keep these things in mind and try products containing papaya for hair to flaunt the hair of your dreams with ease. Browse through a wide variety of Garnier Hair Food range that is vegan, paraben-free, silicone-free, and will help you get healthy hair effortlessly.