Ways To Rock Burgundy Hair Color
The hype around burgundy hair color for women and men does not seem to be slowing down – and rightfully so! A blend of purple, red, and brown hair color, burgundy hair is universally flattering and complements all various skin tones and undertones. If you have been wanting to switch up your style but are not ready to commit to a vibrant red hair color just yet, burgundy hair color shades are a perfect way to test the waters while still staying in your comfort zone. And while adding an all-over burgundy color to your hair is sure to turn heads, here are some other fun ways in which you can experiment with this hair color and stay on trend.
1. Burgundy Highlights and Lowlights
A great way to add a touch of burgundy to your natural hair color is by adding some highlights or lowlights to your hair. Burgundy highlights and lowlights allow you to play with the color without going over the top. Highlights and lowlights are perfect to add depth and dimension to your hair while still letting your natural hair color shine.
Here is how you can quickly add burgundy highlights or lowlights to your hair at home –
- Always perform a patch test before you color your hair.
- Make sure you have all your hair coloring tools and materials at hand before you begin – hair coloring kit, brush/comb, mixing bowl, gloves, clips, aluminum foil, old towel, and petroleum jelly or lotion to protect your skin from staining. Mix the developer and color in the mixing bowl and you are ready to go.
- Start by dividing your hair in 4 equal sections and clip 3 sections away.
- When working on a section, take fine slices of hair and place a rectangular piece of foil under it. Using your hair coloring brush, lightly paint the color on your hair strands. Work in light layers and add more only when needed. Once the hair is completely coated, wrap the foil around the hair strands and make sure the foil envelops the hair entirely.
- Repeat the same process on more strands of hair across all 4 sections.
- Leave the color on for the time specified on the kit and rinse and condition.
2. Burgundy Ombre
Ombre hair is perfect for those who want to switch up their hair color while still keeping it low maintenance. Since ombre highlights are painted freestyle on the hair and do not go all the way up to the scalp, you do not have to worry about unsightly grown out roots. If your hair is naturally black, opt for a striking wine burgundy hair color shade to create a stunning contrast against your hair. For those with brown or dark brown hair color, a dark burgundy hair color shade will add a vibrant pop of color to your locks. If you have never tried out this hair coloring trend before, here is how you can get ombre hair at home.
3. Burgundy Money Piece
Want to look like a million bucks? Money piece is the best hair color trend for you! This highlighting technique involves hand-painting only those parts of your hair that frame your face to enhance your features and give your complexion a boost. Though traditionally money piece highlights have always been shades of golden brown or caramel brown, framing your face with shades of burgundy is a great way to add a spin to this look. Putting a bold hue front and centre will keep all eyes on you, so if you love making a statement, this is the style you need to go for.
4. Burgundy Dip Dye
If you are still not convinced, this hair coloring style is a great way to dip your toes, err… we mean your hair in this trend. Like the name suggests, burgundy dip dye adds a hint of the color to just the ends of your hair. While ombre involves a gradual and seamless fade from burgundy to your natural hair color, dip dye is not as subtle, but is just as low maintenance, and is the right choice for those looking to make a statement. Probably the easiest style to achieve, all you need to do for a dip dye is color just the tips of your hair with your favorite burgundy hair color shade. You can take the color as high as you like to suit your personal style.
5. Burgundy Peek-A-Boo
Going bold and staying discreet sounds impossible right? Wrong! Peek-a-boo hair is the latest hair color craze to take over the beauty world and it is time for you to jump on the bandwagon as well. Peek-a-boo hair is when a thick slice of a bold hair color, burgundy in this case, is applied to the under layers of your hair, hidden beneath your natural hair color. This is a great option for people who want to experiment with new colors but aren’t confident of the hues just yet. Peek-a-boo also works wonders for those who need to follow a certain code of appearance at their workplace – now you can have fun without breaking any rules!