Immunity Booster Foods That Contain Vitamin C
Vitamin C is the key to maintaining smooth, supple, even, glowy and healthy skin. It is one of the most in-demand skincare ingredients and offers endless skin advantages. The benefits of vitamin C for the skin can be achieved by topical products, and you may have incorporated this antioxidant vitamin into your skincare routine but are you sure that your body is getting enough of it? One of the best ways to achieve maximum benefits of vitamin C is by consuming immunity booster foods that contain it. To help you with that, here are immunity booster foods containing vitamin C that you need to include in your diet right now.
Foods that boost vitamin C
1. Citrus fruits
Citrus fruits such as lemons, oranges and more are not only good for your overall health but also play a huge role when it comes to delivering the vitamin C antioxidant to your body. The best part of this group of immunity booster foods is that it is the easiest and yummiest to add to your diet.
2. Bell peppers
Whether eaten raw, grilled, or stir-fried, green, yellow, and red bell peppers are a great source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, K and C. Packed with antioxidants, eating bell peppers helps to protect our skin from free radicals that are responsible for premature ageing. They also help to increase the production of collagen which in turn prevents signs of ageing. So, make sure you don’t skip adding this colourful addition to your plate!
Greens such as kale, spinach, broccoli, kiwis, and more are abundant sources of the antioxidant vitamin C. Apart from delivering your skin with the essential nutrients that it needs to look radiant and glowing; these foods also help to flush out toxins from the body and maintain overall well-being.
Strawberries contain a huge mix of manganese, flavonoids, vitamin C and other antioxidants that are highly beneficial for the skin and body. Eating strawberries regularly may also help to reduce the risk of several health conditions so grab on that berry as much as you can.
Surprisingly, potatoes too are a good source of vitamin C though they might not be the first vegetable that comes to your mind when considering immunity booster foods. A great way to consume potato and achieve the most of its benefits is by having it boiled or baked.
Here’s a vitamin C skincare routine to achieve the skin of your dreams –
- Cleanser – Remove dead skin cells, dirt, dust, impurities, and oil from the skin by using the vitamin C face wash that also helps to reduce dullness and leaves your skin feeling glowing
- Serum – Protect your skin from the harsh UV rays of the sun, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, and sagging and keep dryness at bay by applying the vitamin C serum regularly
- Moisturiser – Hydrating the skin with vitamin C moisturiser is a great way to deliver a healthy dose of this antioxidant vitaminto your skin
AM – Use the vitamin C serum cream not only to hydrate your skin but also to repair and brighten it. This cream also helps to reverse sun damage and dark spots on the go.
PM – Achieve umpteen benefits during your beauty sleep by using the vitamin C night cream. This cream will help to exfoliate dead skin cells and provide your skin with the hydration it needs without making you feel sticky.
- SPF – Shield your skin from the harsh UV rays of the sun and external aggressors such as pollution by applying SPF infused with vitamin C
- Sheet mask – Pamper your skin with the love and care it needs by using the vitamin C face mask two to three times a week. This will help to trap the moisture and let your skin soak the maximum amount of vitamin C it needs.
Browse through a wide range of Garnier skincare products and include products containing vitamin C into your skincare routine right away. Also, don’t forget to add the above-mentioned immunity booster foods containing vitamin C to your list when you go grocery shopping next!