How to Switch From Blonde To Brown Hair Color
If you’re someone who has bleached your dark hair, you know how tedious the upkeep can get. The constant root touch up appointments, spa sessions, special shampoo to keep the color from becoming too yellow, it is quite an expensive process. Stop shelling out so much over hair color that is so high maintenance. This is your sign to make the switch and move over to the dark side. The second half of the year is the best time to say goodbye to your blonde hair and move to a deep, brown hair color.
Keep on reading to find out, the best way to achieve a natural brown hair color at home.
1. Choose a type of hair color
Once you’ve made the decision to color your hair into a beautiful shade of brown, the next step would be to decide how long you want it to last. If you are confident about going dark and want something more long-lasting, you can choose a permanent hair color. This type of hair color penetrates through the shaft of your hair, which makes it last longer as compared to other types of hair colors. The hair color doesn’t fade easily and also looks more vibrant and bold.
You can opt for the Garnier natural brown hair color shade, from the Black Naturals range. This ammonia-free hair color is enriched with almond oil and black tea extracts to give you soft and smooth hair. This colors your hair in a beautiful shade of brown in just 15 minutes! With this hair color, there is no need to color the shafts of your hair time and again. You simply have to touch up your roots when they grow out.
If you aren’t too sure about getting dark hair and want to experiment, you can choose a semi-permanent hair color. This hair color doesn’t penetrate through the shafts of your hair but instead coats it from the outside. This way you can switch up your colour in a few weeks. If you don’t want a warm-toned brown hair color, you can opt for black-brown hair color. The tones of black in the hair color, reduce the vibrancy and make it look deeper. If you are someone who had jet black hair naturally, a black brown hair color will flatter you and resemble your original hair color.
The Garnier Men Shampoo Hair Color range is a great semi-permanent hair color option if you want something quick and hassle-free. Since this range of hair color has virtually no development time, it gives your hair a beautiful color in just 5 minutes! Simply apply it to your hair in the same manner as you shampoo it. Rinse it after 5 minutes and you will have a beautiful black brown hair color.
2. Choose your perfect shade of brown hair color
Once you decide on the type of brown hair color you want to use, it is time to pick a shade. While picking a shade, there is a wide range of options and shades for you to choose from. You can choose a natural brown hair color or a golden-toned one. Depending on your skin tone, undertone and liking, the options are limitless!
The Garnier Color Naturals range has a wide variety of options for you to choose from. Let us help you pick the perfect shade, depending on your requirement.
- If you want to play it safe, you can choose the shade 4 brown. This shade will help you achieve a natural brown hair color that flatters deeper skin tones the best.
- If you want a brown hair color that is deep and rich, you can opt for the shade 3 darkest brown. With this shade, you can achieve a chocolatey brown color that will flatter all skin tones.
- If you want something that is a beautiful mix of brown and golden, the shade 7.3 golden brown, is the perfect pick. With slight golden undertones, this color is perfect for people who have fair to medium skin tones.
- If you are looking for a lighter tone of brown hair color, these two shades will be apt. The shade 5 light brown and shade 5.32 caramel brown add the perfect light tone of brown to your hair.
If you’re still not sure about the shade of brown hair color you should pick, we have something that’ll help you. With the Garnier Virtual Try On Tool, you can virtually try different shades of hair color in real-time and choose the shade of color that suits you the best.