How To Get Rid Of Dry Hair
Sheen and lustre are signs of healthy hair. Dry hair develops when your hair doesn’t get or retain enough moisture. This reduces its sheen and can make it appear frizzy and dull. Even if it’s not a major health issue, poor-quality hair certainly is a cause of concern as it can directly affect one's confidence and thus self-esteem but guess what, it's also avoidable. The first and best approach to fixing dry hair is to get answers to - “why is my hair so dry?” To ease things for you, we’ve compiled typical reasons for brittle, dull, dry hair and also got solutions ready to help your hair shine again.
Reasons for dry hair
Various factors can lead to dry hair, including environmental conditions, hair care habits, and physical health. Some causes of dry hair are:
- Living in a dry, hot climate
- Spending too much time in the sun or wind
- Frequently swimming in chlorinated or salty water
- Frequent washing of hair
- Washing your hair with hot water
- Using harsh shampoos, conditioners, or styling products
- Dying or chemically treating your hair
- Frequently using heat styling tools such as curling irons, straighteners, etc.
Solution for dry hair
You can treat dry hair by making simple changes in your everyday routine. Here are a few things you can try to achieve thick, healthy locks with ease:
- Don’t shampoo your hair every day
- Conditioner is non-negotiable every time you wash your hair
- Use paraben-free products on your hair
- Avoid using heat styling products
- Don’t go for chemical hair treatments very frequently
- Apply hair oils or leave-in conditioners to add lustre and softness
- Protect your hair from sun exposure
- Wear a hat/keep your hair tied when you step out
- Protect your hair from salt and chlorine by wearing a bathing cap during swimming
- Drink lots of water and maintain a balanced diet
Now that you are aware of all the reasons and solutions for dry hair, let’s look at a simple hair care routine that you can follow to get rid of dry, frizzy hair on the go.
1. Oil– Regular oiling of hair can reduce hygral fatigue, which is the damage to your hair follicles caused by repeated swelling and unswelling. Repeated hygral fatigue can lead to symptoms such as frizziness, brittleness, and dullness. Oils protect the hair follicles by filling the gap between cuticle cells. Gently massaging the scalp helps nourish the hair and reduce hair fall.
2. Shampoo– It is recommended to use shampoo depending on your hair type. Using a moisturizing shampoo for dry hair will remove dirt, debris, and odour from your hair while maintaining its moisture.
3. Conditioner– If you think skipping the conditioner is fine, you are wrong. Applying a hydrating conditioner for dry hair is non-negotiable. A conditioner helps to smoothen hair cuticle and add body. Avoiding this step will make your hair more prone to breakage.
4. Mask– Hair masks help to moisturize and nourish your hair and are especially beneficial for the ones with damaged or frizzy hair – the perfect dry hair treatment. Using a hair mask may even improve the health of your scalp and boost the strength of your hair.
5. Serum– A hair serum adds shine, reduces frizz and enhances your natural hair texture. It also protects your hair from external aggressors. Post washing apply serum to smoothen hair without heaviness and prevent breakage.
Explore through a wide range of Garnier Hair Food range and keep these simple things in mind to flaunt shiny and smooth hair in style.