5 Easy Tips On How To Get Rid Of Damaged Hair This Winter
A drop in the temperature and cold winds can make your hair and scalp super uncomfortable, flaky, frizzy, rough, dry, and prone to breakage. The winter weather is harsh on all hair textures and takes a toll on your strands. Many people experience an excess of dandruff and hair fall during winters, apart from complaining that their hair looks dull and lustreless. The dryness of the climate and the low temperature not only affect how your hair looks but also how healthy it is. It’s time you level up your hair game by defending your tresses from the whipping winds. Here are some tips and a simple routine to keep your scalp and hair happy throughout the season.
Tips on how to get rid of damaged hair
1. Don’t leave home with wet hair
Wet hair is more vulnerable to damage than dry hair. Walking outside during winter with a wet head can cause the hair to break. Always air dry your hair, but if you have to step outdoors immediately after a hair wash, it’s better to blow dry your hair.
2. Follow hair shower rules
Here’s a tip for damaged hair that people often ignore. Most people love a steamy shower when the temperature is low. While the idea sounds tempting, hot water can zap moisture from your hair making it brittle and vulnerable to breaking. So, wash your locks with lukewarm water and follow it with a cool rinse instead. Also, give your strands the best dry hair treatment by picking the right products such as a moisturising shampoo for dry hair and a conditioner. Another tip for damaged hair is that don’t wash it frequently. Overwashing your hair can also strip off the natural oils and make it dry and unmanageable. Try extending the time between your washes as much as possible.
3. Trim regularly
You must have heard about this tip for damaged hair quite often at home. So we’re here to remind you again that getting your hair trimmed every four to eight weeks is a good way to maintain healthy hair and make it look fresh. Cut half an inch off the bottom to reduce the chances of developing dry, split ends.
4. Invest in a humidifier
If you’re wondering how to get rid of damaged hair with a humidifier, we’re here to explain it to you. We agree that it is a surprising way to fight dry, dull hair and dandruff in winter. Indoor heating causes the air in your house to become very dry and pulls the moisture out of your hair. A humidifier helps rehydrate the air to keep your locks looking lustrous.
5. Avoid heat styling
Your hair is already delicate in the colder months and heat styling amplifies the issue. Applying excessive heat to your hair can draw the moisture out of your hair, increasing the chances of breakage. Refrain from straightening or curling your hair during the winter. Use this time to embrace your natural hair and explore new styles like twists, braids, and buns. In case you decide to heat style your hair, apply a hair serum to protect your hair from damage.
Now that you know how to get rid of damaged hair and protect it in winter, let’s look at a simple hair care routine that you can follow for shiny and healthy locks throughout the season.
- Oil – Oil your hair often and leave it on for hours, allowing it to work its magic, before using a gentle shampoo. Oiling will provide your hair with the required nourishment. Follow this tip for damaged hair and add an oil to your hair care routine.
- Shampoo – Feed and moisturise dry hair with one of the best shampoos for damaged hair that is the Fructis Shampoo. It is enriched with fruit actives like lemon peel extract and fruit vitamins that help nourish your hair. It prevents breakage and gets rid of split ends within a few washes.
- Conditioner – If you think skipping conditioner is fine, allow us to prove you wrong. This is one of the most important steps in your winter hair care routine. Improve the feel, appearance and manageability of your hair with the Garnier Fructis Long and Strong conditioner. The best part about this damaged hair remedy is that it provides nourishment to your hair and makes your hair stronger than ever.
- Mask – Use a hair mask to lock the moisture and provide your hair with intense nourishment. Ensure this hair mask has ingredients that go well with other products in your hair care routine.
- Serum – Post washing, use a serum to smoothen hair without heaviness and prevent breakage and split ends. We recommend using the Fructis Long and Strong serum that is enriched with avocado and grapeseed oil.
Now that you know how to get rid of damaged hair, what are you waiting for? Browse through a wide range of Garnier’s Fructis range and keep your hair hydrated and healthy-looking this winter.