Niacinamide for Acne
Most of us deal with skin concerns from time to time. It can range from a slight itch to a bout of breakouts. Acne is one of the biggest and the most common skin problems for a lot of us. While some of us deal with breakouts only during our teenage years, it can be an ongoing problem into adulthood as well. Adult acne is quite a big issue and needs to be taken care of. One of the best active ingredients to combat adult acne is niacinamide. Niacinamide for acne is a boon and has several benefits. Let’s take a deep dive and understand them.
What is niacinamide?
Niacinamide is the topical version of vitamin B3. It is a super versatile active, that helps improve the hydration of your skin. It also soothes skin and is great for sensitive skin types. The percentage of topical niacinamide differs as per your needs. If you are a beginner at using niacinamide serum, you can start with a concentration as low as 2%.
Is niacinamide good for acne?
Yes, niacinamide for acne is highly effective for the following reasons:
- The growth and development of acne-causing bacteria on your skin is what leads to acne flares. Regular use of niacinamide for acne can curb the growth of this bacteria and reduce its recurrence.
- Lack of hydration can also be a cause of acne on the skin. Niacinamide for acne helps maintain the hydration of your skin. It increases the ceramide content of your skin, which helps to have balanced hydration.
- If your skin is inflamed, it can lead to severe breakouts. The anti-inflammatory properties of niacinamide for acne can soothe the skin. This helps reduce the inflammation of your skin and also reduces the appearance of pimples on your skin.
- Excessive production of oil and sebum can be another cause of pimples. High secretion of sebum clog pores and leads to congested skin that is prone to breakouts. It is imperative to control the production of sebum to have healthy skin. Niacinamide for acne has the property to regulate the production of oil. It helps reduce excessive production, while still ensuring your skin is well hydrated. This balance helps reduce your breakouts and maintain healthy skin.
- Using niacinamide for acne scars is also highly effective. Acne breakouts tend to leave behind scars and pigmentation that are tough to get rid of. Niacinamide also helps lighten your acne scars and gives your skin an even appearance. Opting to use niacinamide for acne scars also helps boost the collagen production of your skin. This helps your skin look plump and strengthens it.
If you are dealing with acne, we understand how difficult it is to find the right solution. Niacinamide for acne is a miracle ingredient and can be highly helpful! The best way to deliver its benefits topically is by using a serum or niacinamide sheet mask. The Garnier Purifying Ampoule Mask is enriched with niacinamide serum and kale. It helps your skin soak up the goodness of niacinamide and instantly brightens the appearance of your skin.
Along with this sheet mask, Garnier also has a wide range of skin care and hair care products that will transform your routine positively. They are formulated with high technology and nourishing ingredients that will help you achieve the hair and skin of your dreams!