Micellar Water 101
With so many skincare products out there, it seems like there is a new launch in the market every second day. One such product that quickly gained popularity is micellar (pronounced mi-sell-ar) water. But did you know that micellar water has actually been around for decades? French women are known for their beauty and style and it is no surprise that micellar water first became popular in France before making its way to the rest of the world. But what exactly is micellar water and why has it become such a staple in today’s skincare regimes? Read on to know more about this miracle water and how it benefits your skin.
1. What Is Micellar Water?
In simple terms, micellar water is a unique water-like cleansing liquid that works autonomously, meaning you do not need any additional product to wash or your face, nor do you need to rinse your face once you are done. Micellar water is made up of micelles, tiny oil molecules, which are suspended in soft, purified water. These micelles work like a magnet, pulling away all the makeup, dirt, sebum and other impurities from your skin. Micellar water functions as a a gentle daily use cleanser that is tough on makeup, and that helps you clean your face without drying it out.
2. How To Use Micellar Water?
What makes micellar water a great product is how easy it is to use it. Simply take a cotton pad and pour some micellar water onto the pad till it is soaked. Press the cotton pad on an area that you want to cleanse, and gently swipe across your face to take off all impurities from your skin. You don’t need to rinse your face if you’ve completely cleaned your face with the micellar water.
3. Benefits of Micellar Water
- One of the best things about micellar water is that it is suitable for all skin types. Since the micellar water contains no harsh chemicals and is water-based, it is great for sensitive and acne-prone skin as well. Think of it as gentle cleansing water.
- Since the micelles dissolve all the impurities on your skin, you do not need to excessively scrub or tug at your skin to clean it.
- Micellar water eliminates the need for additional cleansers and even running water, making it a great travel-friendly option.
- Micellar water works great as a post-workout cleansing water when you need to quickly clean all the sweat from your face that might clog up your pores.
Now that you know all about micellar water, we at Garnier recommend trying the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. This product contains no alcohol, parabens, or fragrance, making it ideal for even sensitive skin. The Micellar Cleansing Water gives you perfectly clean skin as it gently removes makeup and impurities with just one swipe. Head over to our website to learn more about this product and all its benefits.