Difference Between Day Cream and Night Cream
All of us know that moisturising our skin is essential to keep it hydrated and healthy. From heavy, thick creams to lightweight gels, you’ve got several options to choose from. While you choose some depending on your mood or season, others are specifically formulated for morning or nighttime use. You’ve been told that a separate day and night cream is a must, but are they really necessary? The answer is YES as using each of them effectively can make an enormous difference to your skin. Read ahead to know more and learn about the difference between AM and PM creams.
What is the difference between day cream and night cream?
While most moisturizers can function as both day and night cream, it is important to know the difference between both. A few key differences between AM and PM skincare products are –
- A day cream is typically lightweight and easy to wear under makeup. When it comes to night creams, you can expect heavier formulas
- A day cream is usually formulated with SPF and antioxidants. On the other hand, a night cream contains more active ingredients such as vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and more
Benefits of a day cream –
- Hydration and protection are the two main benefits of using a day cream
- Day cream protects the skin from environmental aggressors such as pollution, dust, UV rays and makes your skin look healthy and glowing throughout the day
- Using a day cream also protects your skin from free radicals that can cause wrinkles, fine lines and more
Benefits of night cream –
- Blood circulation, nutrient supply and cell regeneration are some of the main benefits of night cream
- A night cream penetrates into your skin deeply and makes you feel soft and supple in the morning as your skin is more receptive to care and products you use in your nighttime regime
- Using a night cream improves your skin's firmness and renewal
How to use day cream and night cream effectively -
One of the most important skin care tips is to incorporate a day cream and night cream in your daily skincare regimen. Here’s how you can do so by simply following the CTM routine -
- Cleansing – Cleansing helps to get rid of excess oil and dirt which in turn keeps skin problems at bay. Use the gentle yet effective Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water that removes all impurities and toxins from your skin without rinsing. Double cleanse your face with the Garnier Bright Complete Facewash to give your skin an instant boost of freshness and radiance in minutes. Enriched with the brightening properties of Yuzu Lemon, this face wash will help you reduce dullness and bring back your glowing complexion.
- Toning – Remove any last traces of dirt, grime and impurities stuck in your pores with a toner. Toner is made of a highly concentrated formula that restores the skin after cleansing and provides the nourishment your complexion needs to look fresh throughout the day. When used regularly, this product can have a major positive impact on your appearance as it helps to tighten pores and balance your skin’s pH level.
- Moisturising – Moisturizing your skin, whether oily or dry, is non-negotiable. Nourishing your skin keeps it feeling supple, hydrated, smooth, and younger-looking. Though your skin always needs moisture and balance, it needs protection during the day and repair in the evening. Hence, you must use the right moisturiser at the right time to achieve maximum skin benefits.
• Day cream – Try the Garnier Bright Complete Vitamin C Serum Cream not only to moisturize your skin but also brighten and repair it. This day cream helps reverse sun damage and fades dark spots, pimple spots, and UV spots in just one week. Infused with Yuzu Lemon extract, the Garnier day cream nourishes the skin without any stickiness.
• Night cream – Try the Garnier Bright Complete Vitamin C Yoghurt Night Cream that exfoliates dead cells and brightens the skin while you get your beauty sleep. Enriched with vitamin C, Lemon essence and Yoghurt Bifidus, this lightweight, melt-into-the-skin night cream keeps tanning at bay and reduces dark spots from the first night.
While it’s always nice to simplify your daily skincare routine, keeping two creams is worth making room for. Explore through a wide range of Garnier skincare products and pamper your skin with the love it needs.