Charcoal Face Mask – A Holi Skin Care Essential
Charcoal has been a popular ingredient in the skin care industry for many years, and rightfully so. This powerful skin loving ingredient is a must-have in your weekly skincare regime if you want to purify and detoxify your skin. A quick and easy way to add charcoal to your routine is by using a charcoal face mask. And with Holi 2021 almost here, a charcoal face mask is the perfect post Holi skin care essential to get smooth, clear, and glowing skin that is healthy and free of impurities. Read on to know why you need to add a charcoal sheet mask to your after Holi skincare regime
1. Charcoal face masks pull out impurities from your skin – Chemicals and toxins from the colours, dirt, and sweat will not just build up on the surface of your face but will also penetrate deep within your skin and clog your pores. If left unchecked, these clogged pores will give rise to breakouts, acne, and textured and dull skin. The charcoal in the face mask acts as a dirt-absorbing magnet that pulls out all the impurities from deep within, leaving you with unclogged pores and squeaky-clean skin. For example, the Garnier Charcoal Face Mask unclogs large pores, reduces their size, and firms up the skin. If the Holi colours are making your skin feel dry and uncomfortable, the Black Algae Extracts in the charcoal face mask will nourish and hydrate your skin – just what you need for a post Holi skin care session.
2. Charcoal face masks brighten the complexion – While a gentle facewash is enough to clean your skin on a daily basis, it will not suffice to undo the damage done by the harmful chemicals in the Holi colours. Charcoal face masks purify your skin and improve your skin’s texture, which in turn makes your complexion look even and bright. Charcoal sheet masks are great to revive and rejuvenate dull and lackluster skin and the Garnier Men XL Charcoal Mask is a quick and effective way to reveal brighter and purified skin in just 15 minutes.
How to add Garnier Charcoal Face Mask to a post Holi skin care routine –
1. Wash your face with a facial cleanser to get rid of the colour from your face. Do not rub or tug at your face and use small, gentle motions as the rough texture of the Holi colours can irritate your skin.
2. Next, go in with a alcohol and paraben free micellar water to double cleanse and remove all traces of dirt, colours, and impurities from your skin. The Garnier Micellar water not only cleans your skin but also deeply nourishes your skin. To use, pour some micellar water on a cotton pad and gently swipe across your face.
3. Once your face is cleansed of all impurities, apply the Garnier Charcoal Face Mask on your face with the blue protective film facing outwards and adjust the face mask to your facial contours.
4. Remove the protective film and leave the mask on for 15 minutes.
5. Once the time is up, remove the face mask and gently massage the excess serum into your skin.
6. Continue with the rest of your skincare regime as usual.
If you hadn’t jumped on the charcoal face mask bandwagon just yet, Holi 2021 is the perfect time for you to treat your skin to the many benefits of this star ingredient!