Ance Forehead Acne: Causes and Solutions
Acne is common for most people and can appear anywhere on your body. However, some areas are a little extra prone to acne, and one such area where you may notice pimples frequently is your forehead. Forehead acne are red, painful bumps that can crop up any time, and make you uncomfortable and become extremely frustrating to get rid of them. Today, we are here to discuss the forehead pimple causes and how to get rid of pimples on the forehead.
• Forehead pimples reason
Forehead acne shows up when something is blocking the pores on your skin. Sometimes, it's simply your skin oils causing the problem as your forehead tends to be an area where the skin gets naturally oily. Certain factors can increase the amount of sebum that is produced by your body and this sebum increases the likelihood of acne and pimples developing. Other common factors that lead to small bumps on the forehead are:
- Hormonal changes – Hormonal changes is one of the most common causes of tiny bumps on the forehead. A change in your hormonal levels mostly happens during puberty and pregnancy.
- Medicines – Particular medicines can cause acne as a side effect. Some examples are antibiotics, steroids, anticonvulsants, barbiturates, or lithium.
- Hygiene – Not washing your hair and face at regular intervals can lead to oily deposits on your forehead. This in turn can prompt forehead acne.
- Hair products – Some hair products such as oils, gels, sprays, etc., are also linked to breakouts of forehead acne.
- Makeup – Using makeup products that don’t suit your skin can also lead to acne.
- Stress – Stress and acne are interconnected. If you feel stressed, it may reflect on your face in the form of forehead acne.
- Touching – Touching your skin frequently can also trigger acne.
Now that you are aware of the forehead pimples causes, let’s move on to how to get rid of pimples on the forehead.
• Wash effectively
Forehead acne is a result of excess oil, dirt, dust and sweat. Therefore, it is necessary to remove impurities from your skin by cleansing it effectively. If you want something gentle on your skin, clean your face with a mild cleanser. This will help remove all impurities and toxins from your skin. Further, thoroughly cleanse your face with a neem face wash to remove impurities, unclog pores and draw out dirt and pollution while giving your skin an instant boost of freshness and radiance. However, avoid washing your face more than two times a day as it might cause your skin to become dry and aggravate small pimples on the forehead or face.
• Avoid harsh scrubbing or rubbing
Sure, exfoliation is the key to getting rid of dead skin cells from the surface. But over-exfoliating or harsh scrubbing can cause dryness, irritation, redness, and lead to pimples. Also, many times people wipe and rub the skin with rough cloth pads or washcloths, which can further irritate the skin and make forehead acne and breakouts worse.
• Moisturise regularly
You might think that moisturising the skin may leave it feeling oily and lead to pimples. No, you are wrong – Irrespective of your skin type, using a moisturiser is non-negotiable. Applying moisturiser daily helps to keep the skin nourished and prevents it from feeling dull or dry. We recommend that you use a moisturising cream with vitamin C as it will help reduce the appearance of acne spots, dark spots and give your skin maximum benefits.
• Don’t pop acne
Popping or squeezing your acne might sound tempting, but this will only trigger inflammation, infection and scarring, making your pimple worse. Moreover, make sure that you do not touch your face again and again because the presence of germs on your hands can cause further blemishes and irritation on your face.
Browse through a wide range of Garnier skincare products and keep these things in mind to achieve smoother and clearer looking skin that boosts your confidence.