Fun hairstyle Ideas For Lohri
The new year is here but the celebrations are not over. In fact, we‘re now ready to kickstart th celebrations of the first Indian festival of the year - Lohri. Lohri is right around the corner and we are all ready to switch on our celebratory mode. Lohri marks the beginning of harvest season and the celebration of Lohri traditionally falls on the longest night of the year, also known as the winter solstice. It is a celebration of longer days after months of gloomy winter evenings. Friends and family come together to celebrate Lohri by lighting a bonfire, eating festive food and enjoying each others company.
However, no celebration is complete without us getting dolled up. And when you think of Lohri, braided hairstyles come to our mind. But this Lohri, how about ’twisting’ things up a bit. We have collated a list of best hairstyles that take a twist on the classic braids and can help you stand out from the crowd. These hairstyles for women are simple to do, yet add the perfect touch of elegance to your ensemble.
1. Dutch braid:
Braids are possibly the best hairstyle for women to wear during Lohri celebrations. However, instead of a regular braid, you can opt for a dutch braid this year. A dutch braid is a simple hairstyle that can amp up your traditional look. A thick and voluminous dutch braid is sure to make you stand out of the pack.
- For the perfect dutch braid, make sure you have dry or damp hair and remove all the knots
- Now, grab a section around your hairline and split it into three parts
- Begin by doing a standard braid and keep adding thin sections of your hair from one side after every fold
- Continue to add hair until you reach the nape of your neck and secure the remaining hair with a hair tie
And there you have it, an easy hairstyle that is perfect for Lohri! If you want to jazz up the look further, you can add colourful ‘parandis’ to your braid.
2. Crown braid:
If you have short hair, but still want to jump on the braid bandwagon for Lohri, this is the perfect pick for you. As the name suggest, a crown braid is braiding the hair around your crown region. This short hairstyle is also known as a headband braid and looks very elegant. This is an easy hairstyle for women, and here is how can do it.
- The first step to this short hairstyle is to part your hair into the side parting of your choice and sweep all your hair towards one side
- Pick a big section of hair and starting braiding your hair
- Once you are done braiding your hair, secure the bottom of the braid with a bobby pin
- Brush out your hair in the back and on the side and your perfect crown braid is ready!
3. Braided bun:
If you want to up the chic quotient this Lohri, a braided bun is an apt pick. This hairstyle for women is a match made in heaven for your colourful and traditional outfits. You can jazz it up further by adding colourful pins and pearls to your hair.
- For the perfect braided bun, start by sectioning your hair into the front and back section
- From the front section take a two inch section and start to braid your hair from the crown region
- Braid the lower end of your hair from the other side and secure it with a hair tie
- Tie the rest of your hair into a ponytail along with the braid from your crown region
- Wrap the ponytail into a simple twist bun
- Take the other braid and wrap it around your bun for a braided bun look. This is one of best hairstyles that is best suited for longer hair
While different hairstyles surely help you stand out from the crowd, it is also important to pay attention to your haircare to ace the look. Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you improve the health of your hair:
- To ace, the best hairstyle, make sure your scalp and hair is completely clean. Using a gentle shampoo from the Garnier Hair Food range will cleanse your scalp and perfectly prep your hair.
- Using a hair mask is very important before styling your hair as it will ensure your hair is feeling soft and silky.
- Before starting your hairstyle for women, ensure you use some serum on the lengths of your hair. This will make your hair manageable and ensure the hairstyle stays in place all day.
This Lohri season make sure you are decked up like a doll with the perfect hairstyle for women to match your look.